Re/Defined problem statement:
HOW MIGHT WE CO-OPT AN EXISTING NETWORK IN ORDER TO GENERATE ACCESS (CONNECT INFO/OPPORTUNITIES./CHOICES) FOR CHILDREN AROUND THE WORLD.
A system diagram within which your problem exists:
USER TESTING / ACTORS:
Karrieann is our pin point at BSA: email@example.com
Broome Street Academy is a tuition-free public charter high school devoted to providing students the necessary skills and support to graduate prepared for a successful future beyond high school. Our admissions policy gives preference to siblings and students who are homeless, in foster care, or from low-performing schools.
Broome Street Academy is uniquely able to provide non-academic services through a close partnership with The Door, New York City’s premiere youth development organization, providing an exceptional model that seamlessly integrates rigorous academics and youth development services all under one roof.
Age group: 12-19
Questions for UserTesting:
– What networks do you currently use the most? (Facebook, twitter, what’s app, youtube..?)
– Do you prefer the visually oriented platforms or the language oriented ones?
– How much do you use youtube for tutorials?
– What kinds of tutorials do you like?
– Would you prefer a live video tutorial to a pre-recorded tutorial?
– What do you do when you don’t know how to do something? do you use google? youtube? do you ask a friend or teacher?
From there we arrived at a statement that seemed to encapsulate what we were trying to identify: